Top tips to help you sell oil-heated homes
Your clients expect you to know everything when it comes to the home they’re looking to buy or sell. You can boost your listings and your sales of oil-heated homes if your clients see you as a knowledgeable expert who can give them honest answers.
New Jersey Realtors® are fortunate to have an incredible resource available to them called the Partnership for Realty and Oilheat Success (PRO$). PRO$ is a non-profit program that helps Realtors who are looking for help and support when listing and selling oil-heated homes. PRO$ provides educational training to agents across the state including accredited CEU courses, it provides materials and handouts to improve the positioning of oil-heated homes, and it helps Realtors get connected with the right experts to solve even the most challenging issues during the real estate transaction. To learn more about how PRO$ can help you find success, visit the PRO$ website here.
Don’t forget to mention these points to prospective buyers:
- Oilheat companies can make life easier with automatic fuel deliveries so that homeowners don’t have to worry about calling for a fill-up or running out of fuel when they need it the most.
- Much of the heating oil delivered in New Jersey is Bioheat®, a blend of ultra-low sulfur heating oil that contains up to 20% biodiesel, a highly refined fuel made from renewable natural sources.
- Bioheat has put oil-heated homes on a super-efficient path and given us a cleaner, more efficient fuel that will eventually take us to a carbon-neutral future.
- Today’s oilheat systems are so compact, they take up as little as five square feet of space.
- The newest oil heating systems (condensing boilers and furnaces) have AFUE ratings as high as 95%.
- Oil-heated homes heat up quickly and provide even and efficient heat. For every gallon of oil burned, a whopping 140,000 Btu’s are generated.
- Particulate emissions have been reduced significantly, and new oilheat systems now burn fuel 99.9% clean, according to studies conducted at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- Compared with 25 years ago, homeowners now need an average of 500 gallons less oil to heat their homes each year. That’s because new oil heating systems are much more efficient than those from a generation ago.
- Oil-fired water heaters provide unlimited hot water at low cost. Not only does an oil water heater save huge amounts of money over its lifetime, it is also perfect for homes with high hot water demand (growing families, homes with Jacuzzi bathtubs, etc.).
To learn more about how PRO$ can help you, click here.